INST 310

Art Forms: Images & Ideas



Sunday, May 16, 2010

Final Gallery Talk



The first image was an untitled photographic print on fiber paper by Michelle Anderson. Michelle focuses on the human form. She loves the perfection and intrequite details of the human body. Mainly, she focuses on close ups, and advoids the face. I found her reasoning interesting for advoiding faces. For the same reason she leaves her art untitled, she doesn't like to include face shots. She feels that by titling a piece of art, the viewer is limited in their thinking. Instead of finding their own meaning from a picture, they feel that they should be looking for something. This is the reason Michelle advoids face shots. She feels that a face defines someone. That is the first thing you look at when you see a person, and she doesn't want the picture to be defined by a face. I've never been a foot person, I don't really like feet, but for some reason I like this close up shot of the feet. I like the positioning of the feet, and also her reasoning behind the inspiration by the human form. My next piece of artwork I chose was a series of digital media created by Alisha Skeel. She titled these History of Design 1, 2, and 3. Alisha grew up listening to old music, and watching old tv shows and movies. Her inspiration comes from the 50's and 60's. I think the look of these vintage ad's. So while Michelle focuses on the human form, Alisha focuses on advertisements and vintage. They are both talented in different ways, and I appreciate both of their artwork.

1 comment:

  1. you are right - feet are kind of a turn-off, but these were done in a way that was somewhat beautiful. - evelyn davis, professor

    ReplyDelete